a TigerRAWk Film

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Solid Rock & Metal Fest (06.02.13)

I arrived a bit late to this little music fest in the middle of nowhere in Pennsylvania primarily due to the nature of my working the midnight - 10am shift at my job. I took a short nap of a few hours (I don't believe I slept straight through even one hour though because I kept waiting up) then brewed up some of my favorite coffee which you can purchase in Cincinnati, Ohio at The 86 Club. It was a drive of at least an hour & a half then I arrived to see some friends on stage. I unknowingly went in through the band load in entrance and watched The Rose Hill play a set then went in through the proper doors to watch Blood Of The Martyrs & Letters To The Exiles as well as hang out with friends in the aforementioned band The Rose Hill as well as Grave Robber.

Grave Robber prepared to take the stage in their usual fashion and I proceeded back to the band load in entrance to watch from that vantage point. I felt that filming them worked better from there since the location of this show did not have a stage for the bands & I'm not the tallest of people. The intro began and the guys crept out of the shadows toward the stage. Wretched lifted his shovel, Plague counted in, and as the first chord was struck by Lamentor & Carcass, there was a large flash, some flames 7 sparks then no power to the backline of amps or lights. It did seem that the speakers & mic were still functional. After some banter & people running around trying to get power back then plugging into different outlets, power was somewhat restored & the show went on.

The Rose Hill

Blood Of The Martyrs

Letters To The Exiles

Grave Robber

I captured the footage using my iPhone 4. All editing was done as usual using Final Cut Pro on my Mac Mini.


No comments: