a TigerRAWk Film

Monday, April 8, 2013

New Stuff Using an iPhone 4


On Friday before I left to go to Columbus and see The Fuss with Room & Board at the TreeBar, I received my iPhone 4 in the mail from Verizon. I decided to test out the video camera quality in comparison to the Sony HD Bloggie. Thought the Bloggie is in 1080 and the iPhone is in 720 resolution, I felt the iPhone gave me better video & audio quality overall than the Bloggie.

Both files require some extra processing on my end if I chose to edit them through Final Cut Pro (which I do). Then, to (hopefully) get all the files to be somewhat compatible for future video compilations, I have to process the iPhone videos in such a way as to increase the resolution (I think). I am in no way a professional in regards to video so maybe I'm wrong on some of this stuff which also brings the realization it might not hurt to take some sort of classes on this stuff to better understand how to do the things I want to do with the footage I have. Since the iPhone is very new to me, I'm sure I will figure out other tricks as I have with the files over the last few years to make my work easier.

At this point though, even with the preferred picture & audio quality of the iPhone, I figure I will still use the Bloggie quite a bit primarily due to limitations to the amount of drive space on the iPhone to store the video vs. the Bloggie since the iPhone has apps & music that I use besides the camera.

Anyway, here is an example of the video quality from the iPhone. Not sure how many more clips I will use it for.

The Fuss

http://youtu.be/zQw56sNJ4rM

Room & Board

http://youtu.be/GL3yZsq4om0

Filmed & edited by Joel A. Swanson

No comments: