a TigerRAWk Film

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Destroy Nate Allen's Official Music Video for "Vegetables"


https://youtu.be/eVrv29HqIgI
The official music video for "Vegetables" by Destroy Nate Allen is now available on their YouTube channel as well as at the High Endurance Records website.

http://highendurancerecords.com/destroy-nate-allen-vegetables-official-music-video/

This video consists of clips from Destroy Nate Allen's 2012 full US Tour documented in another blog. This took me all through the summer to finish after the editing & documenting of each show. As I documented those shows, I would also create a file of the footage of just the song "Vegetables" from each performance. I would also create another file if there was something that would catch my eye from another part of the show that I felt might work well in this video...be it dance moves, crowd or band reactions...anything that felt right. As I went along, I started getting the idea to built an intro from the beginning of the shows as well as something to end the video with from the end of some of the shows. This would be the intro & outro to this music video...it was my "artistic" liberty that I'm glad Nate & Tessa didn't ask to be cut, ha!

I would watch The Vegetables clips through sometimes several times each...Nate had asked me to capture the unique dance moves from each night so I did that as much as I could. I tried to sync up certain parts to the lyrics of the song as well. I probably drove my wife nuts having to hear the song so many times...and more as I started to put the clips into place. Thankfully, she is a fan of Destroy Nate Allen & we are all friends so I think she handled it pretty well...hahaha!

The "bicycles" scene was the first part I worked though...I found all the clips I could of people miming the riding of bicycles & used as many of the clips that I could to fit into this section I had to use the clip I had of a guy on a unicycle in this. Next up, I worked through the "hardcore breakdown" getting the best "pit moves" I could find. Other parts I focused on were people miming what appeared to be shopping, a guy using actual exercise equipment, & the guy who decided to do pushups. I felt each of these were highlight moments...some even were mentioned by Nate & Tessa during the shows. I did try to get as many different clips of as many different shows as I could. Some did stand out more than others so some shows are represented better than others. Overall, I felt I did the best I could when it was done. I gave it a couple days before I sent it off to Nate & Tessa...I wanted to ensure I was satisfied with what I created first while remaining open to constructive criticisms & making any edits or adjustments they may feel needed to be done. Nate did give me a few ideas he would like to see done differently & those changes were made over a week...as each change was made, a new file was sent to Nate for his approval. Some changes were removed if it was found to not be as appealing while other changes were made as needed. I believe it was toward the end of September when the final approved file was created & sent to Nate to be uploaded.

Now it is available for all to see!!

This was a lot of fun to work on & I hope to do something like this again one day soon! I am thankful for the opportunity Nate & Tessa gave me with this.

Here is the blog I wrote about working through the footage from the 2012 Full US Destroy Nate Allen Tour which includes the playlist of the tour footage as well as that of bands who played on tour dates with Destroy Nate Allen.

All this has been the first official work I've gotten to do for others & I am happy it turned out well enough for it to be used. Enjoy!

No comments: